Tog Tober 2019
This year we are throwing down the gauntlet with head to head competition between the yak and boat anglers! A battle to decide the King of the TOG!
The 2019 champion will be crowned by the heaviest three fish bag of the weekend. Also new this year is the Big Fish CALCUTTA for heaviest fish of the tournament! Prizes for heaviest fish of the day Saturday and Sunday too!
Our raffle is shaping up to be the best yet with gear from Tsunami, Accurate, Costa, Kenyon Grills, Old Town, On the Water, and The Fisherman Magazine with more added daily!
- Cost: $40 per angler with optional $50 HEAVY TOG CALCUTTA
- Rules: Fish wherever you like, but be aware there will be NO LATE weigh ins. You are allowed to weigh in 3 fish TOTAL, not per day. The heaviest 3 fish bag will crown the King of the Tog. In the event of a tie, the first fish weighed in will be the tie breaker.
- Registration: Call or sign up in person at our Westbrook or Old Lyme shop NOW!
Here are the gritty details (UPDATED 9/18):
- Friday (October 11th): Captains Meeting at 5pm – Pick up your captains bag and FREE GREEN CRABS (first 50 sign ups) and enter the calcutta. It is MANDATORY to attend this meeting if you are participating in the calcutta.
- Saturday (October 12): Weigh station closes at 4pm.
- Sunday (October 13): Weigh station closes at 3pm– BBQ, Awards, and Raffle to follow.
To sign up and receive complete tournament rules, stop in at our Westbrook or Old Lyme shops, or contact us at:
Kids Fish Free at Tog Tober 2019! Free entry for kids 16 and under!
Orb Mellon will be playing Tog Tober 2019! Have a listen here to his performance at the 2018 Montreal International Jazz Festival.
Bongo Ron’s will be on-site providing a cigar bar for the tournament event, and will be offering up a cigar tasting event for 6 people as an amazing raffle prize for one lucky winner!
Shimano – The premier name in fishing is on board, donating captains bag prizes as well as a matched Shimano rod and reel combo!
Joe Diori, friend of BHO has grasciously donated a 1/2 day charter through Joe Diorio guide service. Check him out: Joe Diorio Guide Service
Black hog – One of Connecticut’s best brewers, #Blackhogbeer will be flowing like wine at both our captains meeting AND the awards BBQ. Hailing from Oxford, CT Black Hog has a beer for every palate. Have a taste and #drinktothehog
Zuppardis – The BEST New Haven style “apizza” you will ever have will be available at our Captains meeting. Have a taste of 80 years of family tradition! See what BARSTOOL had to say about them.
Dante really came up huge with a big prize pack of his blackfish jigs. Look at these colors! Follow @magictailbucktails on Instagram to see all their offerings!